Peterman Acoustic Guitar Pickups: The difference
An acoustic pickup is a transducer device that creates an electrical audio signal from acoustic sound waves, allowing acoustic instrumentalists to project their performance into large spaces and venues and for recording.
The Peterman Pickups is different in philosophy and design. It uses the same Piezo elements as all popular piezo pickups but with a few design modifications. Firstly lets start by the obvious. These piezo elements are called piezo Benders, because they give maximum output when under bending stress, they also give an output when under other kinds of stress, like pressure and heat. Each of these stresses give different results as far as sound is concerned. If we think of a piezo element like a "cheese sandwich" where the cheese is the quarts crystal and the bread is the conductors, then we can imagine that if we squeeze the sandwich we get a voltage or if we bend the sandwich we get a stronger voltage, but less fidelity, so how to take advantage of both.
Part1 - how the Piezo acoustic Guitars Pickups work.
Part2 - how the Piezo acoustic Guitars Pickups work.
- No drilling or modifications to your instrument, the jack is clipped onto your endpin and the pickup is attached using a reusable blue tack!
- Can easily be transferred from guitar to guitar making it very valuable for recording studios and live sound systems.
- Have you ever had a guitarist turn up with a flat battery? Or a guitar without a pickup?
- No batteries required.
- Uses a female 1/4" jack, so its compatible with all other guitars.
- Fits easily into your guitar case.
- Can be moved around the surface of the guitar to pickup different sounds.
- Use 2 pickups for stereo sound.
- Natural Acoustic sound, by moving pickup towards or away from bridge you can adjust the amount of steel string sound vs. Woody box sound!
- Can also be used as a supplement for instruments with built in "bridge pickups" to add a more wood in the mix by placing the peterman pickup in different positions and adjusting the balance between the two pickups